Casualties of Divorce - Helping the Children of Broken Families





Project Summary:

This project aims to look at the comparative experience of divorce across jurisdictions and appraise the help available to mitigate and minimise the trauma many children experience when parents divorce in different countries. The primary goal of this study is to draw inspiration from successful support facilities available to children from different countries in order to provide benefits to

children who are suffering in the UK, hopefully encouraging the UK authorities to do more to safeguard children from the psychological and social harm which can be caused by fragmentation of the family unit.


Places I will be visiting:

Sydney, Australia

Los Angeles, USA

Toronto, Canada

Vancouver, Canada

New York, USA

Florida, USA

Friday 14 May 2010

T'was the Night before....

Blogglets,

The eve of my departure...to give you but a taste of the progress thus far: Bedroom looks like Beirut on a bad day, Mother is running around throwing things indiscriminately into my overstuffed suitcase in what can only be described as a state of frenzy and I am finding bits of underwear and lightweight tops rolled up in shoes I'm not even planning to take with me. In other words totally standard. Farewells have begun, some more emotional than others - parents took particular offence to my mellow approach to severing the umbilical chord but I think my tears at leaving my beloved labrador for months on end may have added insult to injury on that front. So all in all I am as ready as I ever shall be and life is about ready to start 'down under'. Arrive in Sydney at 5:30am on Monday morning (ouch) so until then I shall be praying to avoid all things ash cloud / oil spill and hope I make it to Oz in one pice after touchdown in Bangkok! Wish me luck! x

No comments:

Post a Comment